|What is The KNOW Network?
The KNOW Network is a global Web-based professional knowledge sharing and collaboration network. Its principal aim is to help you create the best possible level of performance across your organization by building on the know-how and skills of world-class knowledge-driven enterprises.
The KNOW Network is not a ‘talking shop’ or an academic think tank. The KNOW Network focuses exclusively on helping you identify, adopt, manage and improve specific Knowledge Best Practices, ranging from Knowledge Sharing and Collaboration accelerating Innovation, Talent Management, increasing Intellectual Capital, to creating a Learning Organization.
The KNOW Network brings you an array of Web-based services to expand and improve your organization’s performance by:
• developing new insights and strategies based on exclusive access to proprietary research, including the Global and Americas, Asian and European Most Admired Knowledge Enterprises (MAKE) studies and The Knowledge-Intensive Sector Leaders Report.
• conducting Organizational Knowledge Audits and Enterprise MAKE Assessments with proprietary KNOW Network tools.
• using The KNOW Network databases of Best Knowledge Practices to conduct regular self-assessment audits and external benchmarking comparisons.
• facilitating the transfer of Best Knowledge Practices quickly and efficiently into your organization.
• contacting the best minds in knowledge organizations around the world.
• learning from KNOW Network members with relevant expertise and experience – they will be happy to share it with you.
• keeping in touch with the latest thinking and approaches to knowledge creation, sharing and use.
• integrating your knowledge management practices into overall enterprise strategy.
“Knowledge Management is one of the primary reasons behind TCS continuing to add value to all our stakeholders. KM has contributed significantly in creating the foundations of a highly connected, collaborative and learning organization. We will continue investing for the future to make TCS a global benchmark in translating organizational knowledge and learning into stakeholder value.”
A. Srinivasan, VP & Global Head of KM Systems & Process Digitization Process Excellence Group, Tata Consultancy Services
Our World-Class Members
Members of The KNOW Network include: Atos, ConocoPhillips, Cuatrecasas, Deloitte, Dialog Axiata, Dubai Electricity & Water Authority, Dunamis, eClerx Services, Ecopetrol, ExxonMobil, EY, Garrigues, GasNaturalFenosa, Government of Singapore, Grupo Antolin, IBM, Infosys Limited, Korea Water Resources Corporation, McKinsey & Company, Mindtree, MITRE, Neusoft, Phillips 66, PwC, Repsol, Samsung SDS, Schlumberger, SingTel, Singapore Power, Tata Consultancy Services, Tech Mahindra, Uria Menendez, Wipro and The World Bank (IFC)
“The MAKE Award recognizes our employees’ commitment to learn from each other, exchange best practices, and collaborate around initiatives as we strive to be the company of choice for all stakeholders by pioneering a new standard of excellence.”
Al Hirshberg, Executive Vice President, Technology & Projects, ConocoPhillips
“The SAF constantly improves its knowledge management, leadership development and learning systems to better equip her people and enhance her operational effectiveness and warfighting capabilities.”
Brigadier General Milton Ong, Head of Joint Communications and Information System (HJCIS) of the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF)
The annual membership fee of $2995 US Dollars (membership fee inclusive of VAT for UK-based subscribers) gives members in The KNOW Network the comprehensive Internet resources and benefits listed below through 24/7 access to the proprietary, secure KNOW Network Website. Up to 100 employees – located anywhere in the world – can take full advantages of The KNOW Network as part of an organizational membership. Membership includes:
• Access to proprietary Most Admired Knowledge Enterprises (MAKE) research, including findings, metrics and analyses for the Global, Americas, Asian and European MAKE studies. KNOW Network members who are MAKE Winners or Finalists receive a customized report, including their individual rankings and analysis.
• The Knowledge-Intensive Sector Leaders Report containing the leading organizations in over 25 business sectors.
• Enterprise MAKE Assessment for rapidly assessing the commitment and maturity of an organization's knowledge strategy. It is based on the MAKE framework consisting of eight knowledge performance dimensions.
• Organizational Knowledge Audit for rapidly assessing the strengths/weaknesses of an organization's knowledge strategy. It is based on The KNOW Network's taxonomy of over 150 knowledge processes.
• Electronic TKN Alert service delivering the latest Best Practice knowledge management news, research and resources directly to your e-mail address.
• KNOW Network Management First Digital Library containing full access over 25 key journals in the areas of knowledge management, intellectual capital, innovation, organizational learning and business excellence, plus business reports, interviews, analysis and editorial opinion.
• A proprietary, secure database of KNOW Network member organizations, containing their Best Knowledge Practices in more than 150 knowledge process capabilities.
• The Knowledge Center with the latest news, summaries of market research and surveys, links to essential resources, and much more.
• RSS on a range of knowledge sharing and collaboration topics.
“Knowledge management of Samsung SDS has contributed to the company’s strategy which is creating a happier ICT world with ‘smart.’ We look forward to have opportunities to share our experiences in knowledge management field with other companies and exchange ideas for the further KM practices.”
Hodeuk Choi, Managing Director, Samsung SDS
Most Admired Knowledge Enterprises
A unique benefit to members of The KNOW Network is access to all of the internationally-recognized Most Admired Knowledge Enterprises (MAKE) reports since 1998, including, metrics and analyses. These studies are based on the MAKE framework of eight key knowledge performance dimensions that are visible drivers of world-class knowledge organizations:
• creating an enterprise knowledge-driven culture
• developing knowledge workers through senior management leadership
• delivering knowledge-based products/services/solutions
• maximizing enterprise intellectual capital
• creating an enterprise environment for collaborative knowledge sharing • creating a learning organization
• delivering value based on customer/stakeholder knowledge
• transforming enterprise knowledge into shareholder/stakeholder value
“Knowledge management and sharing enable Schlumberger to deliver high quality integrated workflows that improve customer performance. Knowledge, technical innovation and teamwork are at the center of who we are as a company.”
Ashok Belani, Executive Vice President Technology, Schlumberger
Based on these eight knowledge performance dimensions, The KNOW Network has developed a database of more than 150 Knowledge Best Practices which provide an efficient and effective method of transferring know-how and knowledge skills into any organization.
The 2015 Global (Parent) MAKE Award Winners are (alphabetically): Accenture, Apple, BMW, ConocoPhillips, EY, Facebook, Fluor, FMC Technologies, Google, IBM, Infosys Limited, Microsoft, Phillips 66, PwC, Samsung, Schlumberger, Siemens, Tata Group, Tesla Motors and Wipro Limited
The 2015 Global (Independent Operating Unit) MAKE Award Winners are (alphabetically): Architectural Services Department (Government of Hong Kong), Arup Hong Kong, Atos IT Solutions, COFCO Corporation Nutrition and Health Research Institute (Government of China), EY, Hong Kong, Korea Water Resources Corporation, Samsung Electronics, Samsung SDS, Singapore Armed Forces (Republic of Singapore Government), Tata Consultancy Services, TELKOM Indonesia, The Titan Company and US National Aeronautics & Space Administration (United States Government).
Over half of this year’s Global MAKE Winners are members of The KNOW Network!
“Knowledge Sharing and Collaboration are key levers for delivering value to our customers. KM for customers through collaboration is one of the strategic initiatives we have taken this year to extend Wipro's KM initiatives to our customers. Through this initiative, Wipro's thought leadership is at the doorsteps of all our critical customers and seamless knowledge flow happens through collaboration.”
Devender Malhotra, Vice President and Chief Quality Officer, Wipro Limited
Join The KNOW Network – E-mail for a Membership Application Form:
Rory L. Chase, Managing Director
The KNOW Network
5 St. Julian's Avenue
Ludlow, Shropshire SY8 1ET
Tel/Fax: +44 1584 878576
© 1998-2016 Teleos. MAKE, MAKL and The KNOW Network are service marks of Teleos.