|Organizations, both profit-oriented and non-profit oriented, require new strategies from time to time. Changes in external are continuously forcing every organization to think of new efforts. When the world is now switching from the Industrial Economy to the Knowledge Economy, knowledge becomes the most important resource and strategic, and learning becomes the most important capabilities and strategic to the organization.
To achieve company target in the midst of tight competition, an organization must find ways to ‘manage’ the knowledge they have, mainly the knowledge in each individual member, in order to deliver products, services, or solutions that are competitive. The way or the system is called “Knowledge Management” which includes issues of innovation, collaboration, intellectual capital management, and organizational learning.
By applying knowledge management, the organization can process and integrate knowledge creation in daily business processes/organizations to be a world-class organization. Today, many organizations see the need of becoming knowledge-based organizations for creating intellectual capital and wealth through the transformation of knowledge of individuals/organizations to world class product/service or solutions.
To contribute in promoting knowledge management activities and identifying the knowledge-based organizations in Indonesia, as well as giving reward and recognition to them, Dunamis Organization Services together with Teleos-England hold MAKE (Most Admired Knowledge Enterprise) program. The first Indonesian MAKE was held in 2005 with 49 nominees.
In addition to activities aimed at promoting knowledge management in Indonesia, another purpose of the organization MAKE Indonesia is to measure the level of commitment and maturity of knowledge-based organizations. This is similar to the purpose of MAKE conducted in both global and regional.
There are two main benefits of MAKE for organizations. First, organizations are able to benchmark how successful they are in terms of strategy knowledge when compared with its competitors or knowledge-driven companies in the world. Second, leaders of business organization are driven and encouraged to develop intellectual capital and deliver great results to shareholders and stakeholders. For this, Dunamis also facilitates organizations in Indonesia in their efforts to become knowledge-based organizations in order to remain competitive in knowledge era.
Teleos, an independent research agency in the field of knowledge management and intellectual capital in the UK, has conducted MAKE program in cooperation with The KNOW Network since 1998. The KNOW Network is an internet based organization community whose dedication is to reach superior performance through benchmarking, networking and best practice knowledge sharing. Benchmarking is done from MAKE winners.
In 1999, MAKE Study was further developed with the North America MAKE, the European MAKE, and Asia MAKE in 2000. Then it is followed with Japan MAKE in 2002. MAKE program was started in Indonesia and also in India in 2005.
Eight MAKE criteria. A measure used by the panelists in assessing an organization qualifies as companies or organizations that are most admired in terms of knowledge (most admired knowledge enterprise) include eight knowledge performance dimensions. These eight dimensions are called eight criteria of MAKE as follows:
1. Creating an enterprise knowledge-driven culture
2. Developing knowledge workers through senior management leadership
3. Delivering knowledge-based products/services/solutions
4. Maximizing enterprise intellectual capital
5. Creating an environment for collaborative knowledge sharing
6. Creating a learning organization
7. Delivering value based on customer knowledge
8. Transforming enterprise knowledge into shareholder value
Three Stages of Indonesian MAKE Study
1. Nomination stage: panelists and peer groups nominate the organizations that deserve to be nominees in MAKE Study. Each nominees are required to submit their Company Knowledge Profile that is based on the 8 criterias. CKP helps the panel to understand better about how the nominees run KM.
2. Selection stage: panelists select five nominees from the nominees list. The organizations or companies collecting less than 10% of poll from panelists are disqualified. Other organization or companies collecting 10% or more of poll from panelists directly go to the final stage.
3. Scoring Stage: panelists score each finalist based on the eight criteria of MAKE. The highest score an organization can get for each criterion 100. Providing eight criteria, the total score an organization can get is 800. Finalist who gets 10% of top scorer score, wins.
Since 2011, other than submitting their CKP, finalists are also required to do a presentation in front of the panel. The panel can verify and deepenth their understanding on the CKP.
To maintain the quality of assessment, Dunamis forms a team that will verify the data/information as evidence submitted by the finalists. In case of inexpediency of the data or information with the fact, an independent panel will deduct the aggregate score obtained. If there are no things that make it the imposition of demerit, winners passed. The next process is the announcement of winners and the recognition for them.
ABOUT DUNAMIS ORGANIZATION SERVICES
Founded in 1991, Dunamis Organization Services is an Indonesian professional services firm with a mission to "enable greatness in people and organizations everywhere". Since 1992, Dunamis Organization Services become a licensee partner of Franklin Covey Co.. (NYSE: FC), a global consulting and training leader in the areas of strategy execution, customer loyalty, leadership and individual effectiveness.
Franklin Covey Co, is included in the Top 20 Leadership Training Company by TrainingIndustry.com. It clients include 90 percent of the Fortune 100, more than 75 percent of the Fortune 500, thousands of small- and mid-sized businesses, as well as numerous government entities and educational institutions. FranklinCovey has 46 direct and licensee offices providing professional services in 147 countries.
In 2012, Dunamis Organization Services also become a licensee partner of VitalSmarts, an innovator in corporate training and leadership development. VitalSmarts has trained more than one million people worldwide and helped more than 300 of the Fortune 500 realize significant results using a proven method for driving rapid, sustainable and measurable change in behaviors. VitalSmarts has been ranked by Inc. magazine as one of the fastest-growing companies in America for eight consecutive years. VitalSmarts solutions include Crucial Conversations, Influencer, Crucial Accountability, and Change Anything.
In Indonesia, Dunamis Organization Services handles a cross section of multinational, national and government institutions across the country. Dunamis Organization Services provides world-class solutions include Leadership & Trust, Productivity & Sales Performance, Execution, Vital Smarts Solutions, Organizational Consulting (Knowledge Management, Corporate Culture, Research), Human Capital System and Education.
For more information about Dunamis Organization Services, please contact:
Tel: +62 21 572 0761
2014 INDONESIAN MAKE STUDY WINNERS
1. Pertamina (Oil & Gas)
2. United Tractors (Heavy Equipment Distributor)
3. BINUS University (Education)
4. Tigaraksa Satria (Consumer Goods Distributor)
5. Bank Negara Indonesia (Banking)
6. Adira Dinamika Finance (Financing)
7. TELKOM Indonesia (Telecommunication)
8. Rekayasa Industri (Engineering & Construction)
9. Astra Honda Motor (Automotive Manufacturer)
The top-3 Indonesian MAKE Winners - Pertamina, United Tractors and BINUS - automatically become 2014 ASIAN MAKE FINALISTS.